Monday 12 September 2011

Over The Rainbow!

I’m still riding high. It’s been a whirlwind week for me. Why? Because I’ve finally found a home for my Young Adult manuscript, THE LAST TIMEKEEPERS AND THE ARCH OF ATLANTIS! MusaPublishing has agreed to give me a contract, with a release date of May 15th, 2012 and the promise of four more books to follow for a total of five books. There’s just a small wrinkle – I have to rework my ‘work of art’ so that each book is in the point of view of one character throughout the book. ‘No problemo, sounds fun,’ I said, as I nervously thought of the reworking process ahead of me!

 I’ve been feeling a little like Dorothy must have felt when she finally got back home to Kansas after her long journey through Oz. Emotions such as relief, gratitude and happiness have washed over me again and again because I challenged myself enough to follow the yellow brick road.

Fifteen years. That’s what it has taken me to arrive at this point. I started my writing journey fresh-faced, full of myself and optimistic. Yeah, I had that kicked out of me from time to time, but I didn’t give up. I picked myself up, took mini-breathers in between to sort myself out and checked in on my internal compass from time to time. On course, off course, on course, off course, until it finally led me to this moment. And I’m so grateful for the experience.

Now the real work begins, and the heat is on. Hey, is that a twister I hear coming my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment