Thanks Sharon for having me as a guest on your blog. I’d like to share ideas that have worked for me in growing my blog audience. I’m not an expert, but these things have worked for me.
10 Ways to Grow a Blog
1. Follow a variety of blogs, not just other writers. It will expose your name to an entirely different audience
2. Always provide links to help others find some interesting content.
3. Return comments. If some comments on your blog, visit theirs in return. They were interested in you so show you feel the same way.
4. Keep your posts short. Most bloggers are looking for quick, interesting posts. They will skim your long post and not really get the point you were trying to make.
5. Do more than shout, ‘buy my books.’ That leaves them no reason to comment or come back for the next post.
6. Be yourself so people actually get to know you. If they know you, hopefully, they will like you. I’ve made some true friends through blogging.
7. Add pictures to your posts. Book covers, the snow-covered tree, your cat or dog, make it a little bit personal.
8. Host guest on your blog and hope their friends follow them to your blog. (Thanks, Sharon).
9. Promote your posts on other media such as Twitter and Facebook.
10. Participate in blog hops. I’m administrator in two big blog hops. Insecure Writer’s Support Group had been around for more than three years. We blog the first Wednesday of every month and share our woes, successes and offer support and advise. The even bigger blog hop I help run is the Blogging From A to Z Challenge. Last year over 2,000 bloggers participated. For 26 days in April, we post blogs where the content starts with a letter of the alphabet. Letter A on April first, you get the picture. I highly recommend both.
These are a few ideas that have helped me. Can you add a few more ideas in your comment? Any blog hops you recommend.
Susan Gourley writes high fantasy and also writes science fiction romance as Susan Kelley. She is the author of the bestselling science fiction romance series, The Warriors of Gaviron and The Recon Marines series. Her latest release is The Warrior and the Governor. You can find her at Susan Says or follow her on Twitter and like her page on Facebook.