Friday 30 August 2013

A Legend is Born…

After two years of hard work and multiple rewrites, it’s finally here! Today is the release day for my newest book in The Last Timekeepers saga, and the prequel to the series, Legend of the Timekeepers! I found this story much harder to write because I was jolted out of my comfort zone of historical facts and into the fictitious civilization of Atlantis. Fantasy isn’t easy to write. You have to come up with a believable world to lure your readers in. And if you write something that doesn’t jive, you risk pulling a reader out of the world you’ve created and possibly out of your book. That said, I’m so grateful for the editorial crew I was gifted with on this book, and my hope is that you’ll appreciate and enjoy the journey we’ve all been on through to make this book possible and believable.

Here’s the tagline and blurb from Legend of the Timekeepers:
There is no moving forward without first going back.
Lilith was a young girl with dreams and a family before the final destruction of Atlantis shattered those dreams and tore her family apart. Now refugees, Lilith and her father make their home in the Black Land. This strange, new country has no place in Lilith’s heart until a beloved high priestess introduces Lilith to her life purpose—to be a Timekeeper and keep time safe.

Summoned through the seventh arch of Atlantis by the Children of the Law of One, Lilith and her newfound friends are sent into Atlantis’s past, and given a task that will ultimately test their courage and try their faith in each other. Can the Timekeepers stop the dark magus Belial before he changes the seers’ prophecy? If they fail, then their future and the earth’s fate will be altered forever.
Last year, when The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis debuted in May, I posted my Dedication and Acknowledgements from that book on my blog. So in keeping with this tradition, here is the Dedication and Acknowledgements from Legend of the Timekeepers:
Dedication:
For my mother, Peggy. You taught me to stand up for myself, and never forget my roots.

Acknowledgements:
I said it before and I’ll say it again: Life is a team effort, and nothing is done without the help and support of others. The following people are in some way connected to the fabric of this work, to which I am eternally grateful:
Thank you to the staff at Musa Publishing, especially to my rock-star editor Tricia Schwaab who pushed my creative buttons so far I thought I was going through the change of life all over again. Seriously, Tricia, you made me a better writer. Hugs to my head editor, Jeanne De Vita who pushed me extra hard to get this manuscript presentable. Also, high fives go to my line editors, Helen Hardt and Ralph Gallagher, both of you made my book clearer and cleaner. Cheers to my book designer Cera Smith—I don’t have a clue how you do what you do, but you do an awesome job! And finally, huge hugs to my book cover artist Kelly Shorten, who knew exactly what I wanted on her very first attempt at designing my beautiful cover—you are truly gifted.

A special shout out goes to my Wenches of Words family, especially to my cohort, Sloane Taylor. You Wenches have made this past year a special one with your show of kindness, support, caring, solidarity, and teamwork. Love you gals! May your lives be blessed with many bestsellers!
And last but not least, a big sloppy thank you to my hubby, Mike. You put up with enough of my melt-downs and tantrums to clear away any bad karma left between us. Again you acted as my pillar, my post, and more often than not, my anchor. God bless.

FYI: If you haven’t had a chance to check out my middle-grade/young adult time travel series, The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis is on sale for the incredible low price of 99¢ until and including September 15th at MUSA PUBLISHING, AMAZON, BARNES & NOBLE, and SMASHWORDS (for Smashwords use the code PC67Q to get sale price). Cheers, hugs, and happy time traveling!     

16 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on your new release! I can't wait to read it. And I will as soon as I wipe these tears from my weepy eyes.:) Thanks, Sharon. May your success continue and flourish. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sloane, I truly mean those words! Publishing is a tough industry to be in, and we're truly stronger in numbers! Hugs for EVERYTHING, Goddess! Love ya, back!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your release, Sharon. So excited for you! And thanks for the Wenchy shout out. Love your acknowledgments. Publishing truly is a team effort. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that, Sara! Thank you for all your support and kindness you've shown me since we've hooked up at Musa Publishing and Wenches of Words! You're one Wench I look up to! Cheers and hugs!

      Delete
  3. Three cheers! Congrats and felicitations to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs and high fives back atcha, Alan! Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new release Sharon! Here's wishing you many sales! :) I tweeted and shared for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! You're an expert on series' releases, so I look up to you alot! Cheers for your support!

      Delete
  5. Exciting! I know this one's been a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has indeed, Holley! If only I could harness the power of the Arch of Atlantis! LOL! Cheers!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Sharon! Sounds like a winner. Best of luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's hoping, Kai! Thanks for your kind comment and support!

      Delete
  7. Well done - proudly shared on my Facebook page. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super congratulations to you. I'm sure this will be another huge success!! Wishing you a great many sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amaleen! It's been a long time coming! Cheers for your continuing support and kindness!

      Delete