Monday 5 August 2013

A Mother and Daughter Team Dish it up…



Today, I’ve got a unique Mother and Daughter team on board: romance author Marci Boudreaux and her tween daughter, Gaea, who writes a blog dedicated to reviewing middle grade literature. What a unique combo!

Here’s a little about Gaea in her own words: “Hi! I’m Gaea. I am 11 years old and LOVE to read. In 2nd and 3rd grade I read 1,000,000 words. So far this year I have read a total of 510 points and over 4,000,000 words. My favorite types of books are fantasy and mystery. I like so many authors I do not have a favorite. I also like to play soccer every day. My favorite subjects in school are reading, social studies, and sometimes grammar, math, and science. I hope you like my blog and comment on some things. Please try to keep up with the book I am reading!”

If you’d like to check out Gaea’s mom-approved blog, please click HERE and there you’ll find that she has already reviewed many great books for your tween or teen or even you to enjoy!

Now while Gaea gets busy reading and reviewing, Mom Marci is busy in the kitchen preparing a favorite family dish.  Mother Boudreaux knows that writing (and reviewing) can be a time consuming job, especially in the summer, so she’s found a way to make it easier on herself with this tasty Barbecued Chicken recipe. Take it away, Marci...

Author and Mom Marci Boudreaux
Though July is closely associated with barbeque pits and charred bits of meat, there is another way to get great tasting BBQ Chicken or pork…without risking the loss of facial hair.

This year will be known (at least in my family) as the year I discovered the glorious wonders of a slow cooker. Yes, my friends, I no longer stand over a hot stove (or pit) for hours cooking for my starving family. Our home cooked meals are now done slowly, with minimal effort from me.

And this recipe is one of my personal favorites!


Marci’s BBQ Chicken

4-6 uncooked boneless chicken breasts (or small pork roast)
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce (Hey, this still counts as homemade!)
¼ cup white vinegar
1tsp. red pepper flakes
¼ cup brown sugar
1tsp. minced garlic
½ small onion diced

Mix bbq sauce, vinegar, pepper flakes, brown sugar, garlic and small onion in medium sized bowl. Place meat in slow cooker. Pour bbq sauce mixture over meat. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Done!

Seriously?? YES! And it is delicious! I shred mine and put it on a bun with coleslaw, but my kids eat it straight up with a side of baked beans This is a great way to have summer flavor without adding to the summer heat. And it’s so easy!

Learn more about Marci Boudreaux on her website.

Stay connected on Facebook and Twitter.

7 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious, Marci! I'm going to try it as soon as I unpack my crock pot. LOL

    Gaea, I think it's really cool that you have your own blog and review books on it. Thanks so much for sharing it. I enjoyed reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a mother daughter team! Good food and books are a fantastic combo.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe Marci.

    Enjoyed discovering your review site Gaea. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shared, ladies. Keep plugging away, Gaea. (We know Marci will - that's a given). Persistence seems to be the name of the game with writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, ladies! Gaea makes her Mama proud! Thank you all for supporting my little one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gaea is such a gem, Marci, as are you! Keep shining ladies, you make other peoples' lives brighter! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No offense Marci (or Sharon), but when will Gaea be back over at the Musa blog? I look forward to her book reviews.

    ReplyDelete