Didn’t see that one coming!The kids’ response got me thinking. Who would I like to meet, if given the opportunity to time travel into the past? My answers both surprised and delighted me. Here are my top five picks:
1. Anne Frank – the young, innocent voice of the holocaust, Ann’s infectious kind nature and honesty through her journaling during one of the most horrific periods of our history touches my heart in a way no one else can. Her diary survives to this day to teach us lessons in tolerance and understanding. She is truly the most famous holocaust survivor by virtue of her intimate writings.
2. Abraham Lincoln – not the most handsome man, but definitely one of the most dignified men in history. Strength through adversity must have been Lincoln’s slogan. A self-educated man, who fought for the rights of others, ended slavery, and stood for what he believed in. I would have loved to have heard him reciting the Gettysburg Address.
3. Saint Francis of Assisi – born into a wealthy Italian family, Francis had a short stint as a soldier before taking a strict vow of poverty, and adopting a simple, faithful lifestyle. Effigies of Saint Francis have him surrounded by birds and animals. So was he the original animal whisperer? Could he have talked to the animals better than Doctor Doolittle? My enquiring mind wants to know.
4. Leonardo Da Vinci – this man is a legend. Not only did he create great works of art he made breakthroughs in science and engineering. This Renaissance man was pure genius. Watching him work would be an amazing experience. Plus I would love to have the opportunity to ask Leo if he really used secret codes and symbols within his artwork.
5. Walt Disney – meeting Mickey Mouse’s creator would be the icing on the cake. He not only created a family-friendly empire, but managed to leave a legacy behind that will live for generations to come. Disney was a true trailblazer in every sense of the word.
There you have it. My top five people picks I’d love to meet if I could travel back in time. So who would you blaze through the past for? Love to hear your choices!
And don’t forget to enter for a chance to win all of the fabulous prizes mentioned in the Rafflecopter below. BTW—there’s less than two days left to enter! Good luck…
a Rafflecopter giveaway