Thursday 14 July 2011

Ready. Set. Write.

It’s been months in the making and it’s finally here. It’s an event to bring awareness and support to literacy. I’m talking about the Muskoka Novel Marathon that I will be participating in throughout this upcoming weekend. A chance to smooze with other writers, and be with my characters for three full days. It’s all about writers supporting readers, and I feel privileged to be a part of this wonderful fundraiser.

  As I write this post, I still have to put the finishing touches on my story outline. I plan to write a novella (though it may transmute into a full blown novel) about how my time travel series originated. Call it a prequel. Call it the prelude. Or call it a preface. The story is meant to fill in background information about the Last Timekeepers series. This book is more fantasy because I’m taking my readers to Atlantis – one hundred years before the final destruction. Talk about using that imagination of mine! It’s about Lilith – one of my characters from the Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis – and her roots as the guardian of the seventh Arch of Atlantis. At the time of the story, Lilith is an adolescent and not the wise magus I created in the Last Timekeeper books. It’s going to be interesting to see how Lilith and my other characters develop during the course of the weekend!
I would like to thank those of you who have supported me in this endeavor, as so far I’ve raised a total of $405 for literacy. Woo hoo! By the way, it’s not too late to sponsor a participating author. Please go to www.muskokanovelmarathon.com to learn how you can help support a writer and empower a community.

Good luck to my fellow writers! Let the stories begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment